My name is senora Shadora and I am your instructor for Spanish. I am an advanced speaker and instructor who holds an advanced degree and graduate level certifications. I teach on the collegiate level but I love working with all learners from different age and education ranges.
Throughout my teaching career, I have had the opportunity to instruct a diverse group of students, including those who have performed below, on and above the assessed level. I have found that with dedication, patience, and stimulating lesson plans that instill a love for learning, each student is capable of reaching their maximum potential.
In addition to teaching, I have also worked as a tutor and volunteered as a peer-to-peer mentor. I am the founder and organizer of CEPA, UNCC’s first successful Spanish club that encompassed an ESL component. The club has gained much notoriety since my graduation in 2010 and is the receiver of several university grants. Furthermore, I am an advocate and promoter of creating comfortable, social atmospheres, where all learning levels are welcomed and real world and honest communication is employed.
Here is a sample of my education and qualifications, which can also be seen if you click my resume.
Graduate Certificate in Spanish Education K-12
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC May 2017
Masters of Art in Spanish Literature & Linguistics August 2014
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC
Bachelors of Art in Spanish Translation May 2010
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Language Intensive Semester Abroad Fall 2010
La Universidad de Veritas, (Veritas), San José, Costa Rica
Certificate in Spanish Translation May 2010
PHI KAPPA PHI Honor Society May 2010
OTHER LANGUAGE: Spanish
AWARDS: Dean’s List, Chancellor’s List
- Proficient in all forms of Spanish communication
- Excellent interacting and written skills
- Knowledgeable in the Communicative Language Approach Method
- Program management and supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills honed through experience working with diverse groups
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating youth programs
- Strong social media skills as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook proficiency
- Extensive experience working with youth and families
- Experience recruiting, managing, and organizing volunteers and as well as engaging parents
- Communication skills and experience with administrative duties
- Trained in Blackboard, Centros, Connect, Moodle and VHLVista online instruction